UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer neera84
Observer

Help for FFT 8.0

Hi, I am new to Xilinx .

I have a signal (real and imaginary) and I want to take FFT of the signal using Xilinx FFT 8.0. I got the documentation of the block. But I am not clear about the input and output pins. Do I need to use every input pins and output pins? Is it OK to use termination blocks for the unused  output pins.I only need real and imaginary output.

Could you kindly send me a sample implementation of FFT 8.0.( Simple one). I am confused with the pins.

Thank you

Neera

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Help for FFT 8.0

Hello,

You don't need all of the pins, necessarily. Only the ones you need :)

In short, yes, you can use termination blocks for some outputs and constant blocks for some inputs. Why don't you post what you've gotten so far and we can help get your design up and running.
www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Observer neera84
Observer

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I am attaching my mfile and the model file.The output is not accurate. I think I have done some mistake with the input pins.

Neera

0 Kudos
Observer neera84
Observer

Hi bwiec,

Did you get a chance to look at my model( Which was at the attachment)?

Neera.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Yes, and I realize I should have been more clear in my previous statement.

You still have to drive the inputs correctly depending on what you are trying to do. Study the "AXI4-Stream Considerations" section of the PG.

You are basically holding the FFT in a configuration state by tying everything high. You are also driving data_tlast incorrectly.

www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Take a look at the example in SysGen installaition directory below (replace 14.4 with your ISE version)

C:\Xilinx\14.4\ISE_DS\ISE\sysgen\examples\axi_designs\fft

Or take a look at the post below:

http://myfpgablog.blogspot.com/2011/03/fft-v80-axi-with-scaled-output.html

Cheers,
Jim
0 Kudos
Observer neera84
Observer

Hi ,

Thank you for the reply.

Now my design works well with FFT. At the final stage of my design, I need to have another FFT (with in same design). The there is a timing issue since the input to the second FFT is delayed it is not giving the correct result.(Which should be true in DFT alogorithem).

Can you tell me how to combine to FFTs? I am using 256 point FFT. 

Neera

0 Kudos