UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

How to control transmision of a set of data

Hey

I' m having problem when sending a set of data stored in bram. Could you please give me suggestion about how to control the "process" of sending 8 bits of data parts one by one. First I tried to give a specific name for each piece of data like d1, d2 etc but this is clearly not useful when there are e.g 1000 pieces. Then I tried use two different bram to store the data pause for a moment to copy the data to another bram with same size and transmit data one by one by reading from this second ram part. Then first will contiue to store new measurements.However I got timing not meet warning this time as Par 468. I didn't check this version on real setup because of 231 timing errors.

So I' m curious if there is a general method/idea for transmitting a set of data through a link. I mean a general method independent of the link we used. For now I'll use serial link.

I' m not an old Fpga/hardware programmer so I' ll be happy to know your suggestions...

Best wishes

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Scholar hbucher
Scholar

Re: How to control transmision of a set of data

@macellan85

This is a very broad question as it stands.

It depends a lot on the protocol you are using on the "link". 

Can you be more specific?

vitorian.com --- We do this for fun. Always give kudos. Accept as solution if your question was answered.
I will not answer to personal messages - use the forums instead.
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi @hbucher

Yes, sure. For now I' m going to use serial link through a usb serial converter and I'm using this link for someother designs without any problem. Now I'm having problem about how to put my data pieces in an order and transmit them one by one, controlling this process. If there is a general method please let men know. 

System brief 2: when I copy data to second bram then an FSM reads pieces of data, checks if the link is idle or not ( ready for another transmission) then transmission occurs.

I used this FSM system for a single bram design but after using this second bram I got timing warning which looks like an error!

Best wishes

0 Kudos
Scholar hbucher
Scholar

@macellan85

We were just discussing this in another thread

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/High-Level-Synthesis-HLS/Converting-structure-to-array/m-p/799143

vitorian.com --- We do this for fun. Always give kudos. Accept as solution if your question was answered.
I will not answer to personal messages - use the forums instead.
0 Kudos