Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rwarner174
Observer
Observer

Launching Web Pages from ISE, XPS, etc... in OpenSuse Linux

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has come across and come up with a solution to this problem?  I am using OpenSuse 11.4 with ISE Tools 13.1.  When I attempt to click on and error/warning link in ISE/XPS/SDK or any other tool I get the following error in the xterm in which I launched the tool:

Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-open.c: 582: _dl_open: Assertion `_dl_debug_initialize (0, args.nsid)->r_state == RT_CONSISTENT' failed!

I know this has something to do with what gets set when sourcing the settings64.sh file.  Specifilcly LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Has anyone had this problem and come up with a solution to it?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
rwarner174
Observer
Observer

Any help?  Am I the only one running opensuse 11.3 and using xilinx tools?

0 Kudos
eteam00
Professor
Professor

Am I the only one running opensuse 11.3 and using xilinx tools?

Yeah, I imagine the herd using ISE 13.1 on opensuse 11.3 is still pretty thin.  ISE 13.1 is still pretty new.

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
rwarner174
Observer
Observer

Let me add more information.

This has happened with every version of ISE I can remember.

The error I get on the xterm where I launched ISE is the following:

Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-open.c: 582: _dl_open: Assertion '_dl_debug_initialize (0, args.nsid)->r_state == RT_CONSISTENT' failed!

This appears to have something with the settings64.sh script setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

I am using firefox as a browser.

I anyone has tackled this in the past, help would be appriciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
astrobeppe

I'm just experiencing the same. Same envinonment, same error while installing 13.1 on a SuSe Linux 11.4, 64bit.

The Error rises when XLCM tries to open an existing Licence file.

Any idea, what's up?

Thanks

0 Kudos