UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux or Android

Hi, I'm new to the Zynq7000 and to embedded system design in general. Currently, I'm starting a project which requires building an embedded system on Xilinx Zynq7000. I'll be using a bluetooth dongle for interacting with a mobil device as a main feature in addition to audio processing.

I'd like to have advice whether to use Linux or Android OS while considering the difficulty of getting bluetooth working.

I couldn't find example applications that use bluetooth, thus I'd apprecieate some references if possible.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Scholar joelby
Scholar

Re: Linux or Android

It might depend on exactly what you want to do with Bluetooth, but in general if you don't need any features specific to Android, it's easier to set Linux up any way you want it. As long as the required USB Bluetooth kernel modules are present on the system, it should be fairly trivial to get the dongle working. Interacting with the device will depend on what the device is - HID devices are pretty straightforward. If it's something strange you might need to write your own driver. It will probably be easier to do all of this in Linux than in Android, and there will certainly be more people in the general Linux community who can help you.