UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor peimann
Visitor

Noob Question - Forum Display Motif

Jump to solution

Good Day Folks,

As it appears that I shall be reviewing many forum threads while finding information on bleeding edge issues, I would like to make the reading of the forum easier on my tired, old eyes. 

The default forum display motif is black-on-white [black text on bright, white background]. 

I tried working through all of the preferences, and I could not identify any straightforward mechanism to change the display motif. 

I suppose that I might override the Xilinx style-sheet with one of my own, however that is really much more effort than I want to attempt. 

So, is there straightforward mechanism which I might use to change the display motif from this painful, bright black-on-white to something a touch kinder to the optics, say green-on-black, or blue/gray-on-dark-gray? 

Many Thanks,
The Noob
Peimann, S. M.

Kind Regards,
Peimann, S. M.
----
Toddlers are the Storm-Troopers of the Great God Entropy.
Physics: Not Just a Good Idea, It's THE LAW.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Noob Question - Forum Display Motif

Jump to solution

@peimann

You may be a noob but your question is hot (and unresolved) for many.  For example, <here> you will see that Xilinx is working on this for Vivado.

If you are using IE 11, you might try the following setting which seem to make the Forum colors a little kinder.
IE_settings.jpg

Forum_theme.jpg

Cheers,
Mark

Tags (2)
3 Replies
Visitor peimann
Visitor

Jump to solution

I see that I have made the signature (.sig) error of a Noob - double signatures. 

This waste of space shall not be visited upon you (meaning all of you) in the future. 

You have my apologies for that. 

Kind Regards,
Peimann, S. M.
----
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@peimann

You may be a noob but your question is hot (and unresolved) for many.  For example, <here> you will see that Xilinx is working on this for Vivado.

If you are using IE 11, you might try the following setting which seem to make the Forum colors a little kinder.
IE_settings.jpg

Forum_theme.jpg

Cheers,
Mark

Tags (2)
Visitor peimann
Visitor

Jump to solution

Mark [markg@prosensing.com],

Thanks for the response.  You've confirmed for me that I didn't miss anything in the forum setup. 

That'll definitely work, but it does (nominally) affect all pages from all sites. 

I suppose that's the best option available to us at the moment. 

Cheers,
Peimann

Kind Regards,
Peimann, S. M.
----
0 Kudos