cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cotang

Parallel Execution

Jump to solution

Hi, New in the world of FPGA's.

I have a quick question regarding if FPGA can do parallel code execution. Ie. If I have 10 spi a/d connected (with their own SPI lines) can I read all 10 at the same time and store their values in a buffer and then transfer that buffer to a memory?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mcgett
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Yes.

It's an FPGA and it's pure logic unlike a processor that each instruction runs in sequence in an FPGA all the logic that you design operates at the same time.

Creating a design with 10 SPI interfaces that are running at the same time is simple. Well simple after you have the first one SPI core running.  Going from 1 to 10 is just instantiating the same SPI core 9 more times in your design.

Message Edited by mcgett on 09-17-2009 08:45 PM
------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mcgett
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Yes.

It's an FPGA and it's pure logic unlike a processor that each instruction runs in sequence in an FPGA all the logic that you design operates at the same time.

Creating a design with 10 SPI interfaces that are running at the same time is simple. Well simple after you have the first one SPI core running.  Going from 1 to 10 is just instantiating the same SPI core 9 more times in your design.

Message Edited by mcgett on 09-17-2009 08:45 PM
------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos