UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor fictive
Visitor

Programming Fpga via Linux - Zedboard

Hello, I don't know if I'm in the right forum. Please move my message if I'm wrong.

Hello everyone!
I'm in a middle of a project, I will describe it to you:
In vivdo I have used the board of Zedboard, and I used the ip core of the Zynq 7000.
I have also add an axi fifo (but it could be any other peripheral) I have connected the fido to the Zynq up core.
Now I know I can expor my design and to program the fifo via the ask of vivdo.
But I want to program it on the operating system I have on the zedboard - Linux.
For example, in the c code I wirte data to the fifo..
How do I do it?
I have already read this guide:
http://www.fpgadeveloper.com/2014/08/creating-a-custom-ip-block-in-vivad...
But here he just check his ipcore with the sdk. I want to program(to talk ) with the peripherals via the code on the Linux. (Sorry about my English i hope you understand what do I need..)
So if you have a guide or you can explain me it will be wonderful!
Thank you!
Idan.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

Re: Programming Fpga via Linux - Zedboard

The AXI IP you generate is connected to one of the ports on the PS/PL interface and it has an address. In Linux you mmap this address and get a usable pointer. At this point you can do read/write transactions to your IP's registers mapped to AXI bus.
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos