UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor rickymartin
Visitor

Programming a CPLD XC95144XL

Jump to solution

Forgive me if this is the incorrect section for this.

I have a design done by an external contractor that has a Xilinx XC95144XL-10TQG100I CPLD and we are currently struggling to find a method of programming it. The contractor used Altium Designer and the Altium USB JTAG Adapter which is no longer available, and this is not a suitable production level programming solution. 

I attempted to download ISE Design Suite 14.7 but receive an error message "We cannot fulfill your request as your account has failed export compliance verification.", I am based in Australia. We have purchased the Xilinx Platform Cable USB II but it seems you need Xilinx software to obtain the required driver.

What software do people suggest for simply programming these devices that provides the driver for the Platform Cable? We have the relevant files, we just need the software that will work with this setup? Does anyone have suggestions for obtaining the ISE Design Suite software? What do others do outside the US for this?

Thanks in advance, Ricky,.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Programming a CPLD XC95144XL

Jump to solution

Hello @rickymartin,

Thanks for letting us know. Please note that your account was previously blocked and has been screened by our export compliance team and was placed on hold and that is the reason why you were previously unable to generate a license or download Vivado.

However, export compliance team has now reviewed your account and has enabled your profile and you are good to go now. Please try again and let me know if you still seeing this error.

As a recommendation, since your profile was blocked in the first place, there is a chance that each time

when you update your Xilinx.com profile in the future, it will get blocked once again. Therefore, please don’t update your profiles (unless it is needed to do so) once the profile is re-enabled.

If this happens for you again, please contact Xilinx Customer Support(websupport@xilinx.com) (see AR https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/44043.html for more details) and we will unblock your profile again then.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Have a nice day.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
4 Replies
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Jump to solution

@rickymartin First, you should probably use ISE Lab Tools instead of the full ISE - Lab Tools leaves out all the stuff for building a design, and just includes what is needed to actually program the chip. As a result, it's a much smaller package.

Regarding the export controls, make sure that you have all your details filled-in correctly. The Xilinx website tries automatically verify the address (it does work in Australia - I'm in Australia too) before the download, and blank/incorrect information will definitely cause it to fail.

Visitor rickymartin
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thank you for the reply.

I have attempted to obtain just the ISE - Lab Tools software however I am still stuck on the " Download Center Address Verification

We cannot fulfill your request as your account has failed export compliance verification." What makes this worse is that to contact support, the only way I can find is to again have this information verified before it will let me.

Does anyone know of a way to contact support through a form or email that does not require this verification step or a method to talk with someone so I can complete this verification step? I find it hard to believe how difficult it is to get this simple software compared to other vendors.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello @rickymartin,

Thanks for letting us know. Please note that your account was previously blocked and has been screened by our export compliance team and was placed on hold and that is the reason why you were previously unable to generate a license or download Vivado.

However, export compliance team has now reviewed your account and has enabled your profile and you are good to go now. Please try again and let me know if you still seeing this error.

As a recommendation, since your profile was blocked in the first place, there is a chance that each time

when you update your Xilinx.com profile in the future, it will get blocked once again. Therefore, please don’t update your profiles (unless it is needed to do so) once the profile is re-enabled.

If this happens for you again, please contact Xilinx Customer Support(websupport@xilinx.com) (see AR https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/44043.html for more details) and we will unblock your profile again then.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Have a nice day.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
Visitor rickymartin
Visitor

Jump to solution

I just attempted to download the ISE Lab Tools and was successful.

Thank you very much for the assistance and resolving this so quickly, it is much appreciated.

0 Kudos