UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer camccarthy
Observer

Spartan 3E/Spartan 6 Dev Board

Hey all, I have a question related to either of these two boards. I possess both and am wondering if there is way to connect external inputs to the general I/O pins of this board. At first glance, I don't seem to notice anywhere on the board where I could solder to/connect an external wire to the FPGA. 

My project involves outputs from pressure pads which must be fed into the FPGA. How could I connect the wires from the pads to the FPGA?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Historian
Historian

Re: Spartan 3E/Spartan 6 Dev Board

@camccarthy wrote:

Hey all, I have a question related to either of these two boards. I possess both and am wondering if there is way to connect external inputs to the general I/O pins of this board ...

Exactly which Spartan 3E and Spartan 6 development boards are you talking about? There are several, from different vendors.

And since you have the boards, you should have copies of the schematics and user guides too. Those documents generally tell you what pins are available for your use.

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos
Observer camccarthy
Observer

The only user I/O options I see or pushbuttons/LEDs/DIP switches, none where I could solder an external input to. I am assuming it would be considered a "user I/O" correct?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Historian
Historian

@camccarthy wrote:

The only user I/O options I see or pushbuttons/LEDs/DIP switches, none where I could solder an external input to. I am assuming it would be considered a "user I/O" correct?

Again, WHAT EXACT BOARD, and why don't you have the schematics and the user guide?

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Hi,

The Spartan 3E Starter Kit Board has more than 100 I/O pins. It's made by Digilent.

But bassman59 is right, you should tell us which boards you are talking about and maybe have a look at their users guide.

Regards,

Ignacio.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos