UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor tomaho
Visitor

Standard rules for video processing FPGA architecture ?!?!

Hello,

i´m trying to find a performanz FPGA architecture for video processing.

Though my experience is still quite little i´d be glad of some advice.

One of the architecture requirements is flexibilty: When putting it into practice i need my architecture to get expanded very easily e.g. by further IP Cores.

As a consequence i think i should use a bus system in any case and probably an intelligence like MicroBlaze, too or are there better options?

Originally my plan was to input two video streams (1024x768 pixels each, at 60Hz) process them with Xilinx OSD and filter again the result of that.

Is PLB really fast enough for this and is there a sensful way how to deal with the different types of memory?

Generally I just don´t know yet how to put different graphics processing IP Cores together with all the memory ´stuff´ like DDR, BRAM/FIFO and MPMC, VDMA and bus system in architecture.

Regards,

tomaho

0 Kudos