UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Uart 4M Baud Rate

Jump to solution

Hi,

I need 4M Baud Uart. I send one character(e.g. 0x19) to Logic analyzer. After 1M baud(e.g. 2M,4M),i get invalid character.

For example;

1M baud : 0x19(valid)

2M baud : 0x39(invalid)

4M baud : 0x8E(invalid)

I use standart uart code and derive clock from 125MHz on board osc(zybo board). I use clock IP to convert it to 100MHz. And I divide 25 to get 4MHz(4M baud).

I try all possibilities using slewrate/drive power/cmos-lvttl etc. Unfortunately, i can't read correct data(0x19) at 4M baud rate.

Bit pattern(00011001) very similar, i think there is a timing(rise-fall times) problem, logic analyzer decode wrong.

1M baud

1M_baud.png

4M baud

4M_baud.png

Is it possible to reach 4M baud rates with uart?

Any help would be apprecated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Uart 4M Baud Rate

Jump to solution

The problem solved:

Logic analyzer capture values(threshold&hysteresis)before was very low. I tune these values. It decode character correctly now.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

hi,

the uart IP in the IP catalog can reach upto a maximum of 921,600

refer to page 15 of this PG. https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/axi_uartlite/v2_0/pg142-axi-uartlite.pdf

--hs

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Thanks,

I use custom VHDL coded UART. You can see in figure.

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

The problem solved:

Logic analyzer capture values(threshold&hysteresis)before was very low. I tune these values. It decode character correctly now.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Visitor andrea1984
Visitor

Jump to solution

I've the same problem using AXI UART. I saw that you wrote the UART driver. Can you give me the code? I need a 6Mbaud, and I don't know how to do.

0 Kudos