UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor sureshragam
Visitor

What is in a bit file...?

Jump to solution

Hai,

When i saw the bit file(open with notepad),it was full of ascii values in an arrry manner  and date and time of when it was generated. my question is how a bit will be generated. can anyone explain about the bit values. For example if i design a and gate means,how it will be in bit file?

Thanks inn advance.

Suresh.A

Thanks & Regards,

Suresh Arumugam.

If you cant do it,then whoelse can do that?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: What is in a bit file...?

Jump to solution

The bit file contains all of the information necessary to properly configure the device that was created by the implemenation tools for your design.

The general formating of the bitstream for individual FPGA families has been documented to support partial reconfiguration, but the individual bits are not documented.

------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

The bit file contains all of the information necessary to properly configure the device that was created by the implemenation tools for your design.

The general formating of the bitstream for individual FPGA families has been documented to support partial reconfiguration, but the individual bits are not documented.

------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Visitor sureshragam
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thank you for your kind information.. is there any documentation regrding bit file generation.Please send me the link.

Thans in advance

Suresh

Thanks & Regards,

Suresh Arumugam.

If you cant do it,then whoelse can do that?
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Bit file generation is done with a program called "bitgen".

You should read through the ISE 11.1 Tutorial

http://www.xilinx.com/support/techsup/tutorials/tutorials11.htm

There is a section called "Creating Configuration Data" that explains the creating the bit file with "bitgen" and downloading with "impact"

0 Kudos
Visitor shiv_shankar
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I am very new to xilinx forum.Actually i am facing some issues regarding FPGA programming,it will be very helpful for me if some one help me out.

Issues:-

While programming my Kintex-7(XC7K410-T)devices with my own PC, i am able to program it but when i am using different PC throwing an error like "End of start up status LOW".If this is a hardware related issues it should not program at all.I checked this error on google there some one has suggested that pudc_b PIN should be either tied to VCCO_14 through <1K register or else it should be grounded through 1K register.I am pulling it down through 1K register itself.With my machine i am able to program it but with other  i am facing the same issues.Can any help me please?

Xilinx labtool version:-2015.2

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @shiv_shankar

Our Community Help has a tip that might help you : Tip: If the message is older than 6-12 months, please post a new message rather than adding to the existing thread. Your inquiry will have a better chance of being picked up by an expert if it is a new topic.

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/posting#posting

I would suggest you create a new topic on the appropriate board

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos