UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor infpgaadv
Visitor

advanced topics

Hi, I am interested in fpga for a long time. I created beautiful projects on my own and gained quite a lot of experience.

Now, I want to move them a little further and I want to learn topics like cdc, timing, speed optimizasyon,critical path, constraints etc.

But, I don't know where to begin learning them and in which order should I learn? I really need advice on this.

I would also be very happy if you could provide books and documents of interest these subjects.(including practical examples if possible).

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: advanced topics

I think clock domain crossing, speed and code optimization all are significant in fgpa. I would recommend you the following books in this regard:

Visualization Concept for FPGA Internal States by Anant Chetan
Digital Design Using Digilent FPGA Boards by Richard E Haskell and Darrin M Hanna
Advanced FPGA Design: Architecture, Implementation, and Optimization by Steve Kilts

Tags (1)
Visitor infpgaadv
Visitor

thank you for your answer.I will read the books.
0 Kudos
Visitor anya_r
Visitor

Hi,

There are cool projects in this link: https://www.hackster.io/projects/tags/fpga 

speedtest   vidmate    123-movies    

Highlighted
Participant himalayan_fpga
Participant

Aside from above suggestion, I'd like to add zipcpu.com which has tons of advanced informations

Regards,
jagannath@logictronix.com
Mentor watari
Mentor

Hi @infpgaadv 

Are you student ?

If yes, I suggest you to university program for each vendor, include Xilinx.

You can find some documents in this program.

Also, if you ask us (me and other forum's member) in this forum, some one explain what you want to know.

[note]

Using "mention" (@ + name) is useful for me.

I can easily find your reply, if you use "mention".

Best regards,