cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

interfacing SPARTAN-6 with CMOS camera (Genie HM1400 / XDR)

Hello All,

Am working on a new project where i need to interface SPARTAN 6 FPGA (LX45) with CMOS camera (Genie HM1400 / XDR).

Any of u please let me know if this particular FPGA has got a dedicated CMOS camera controller interface and if it has any image processing capabilities.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Professor
Professor

A quick look at the product page shows that this is a GigE Vision camera.  You would

need at a minimum a gigabit ethernet PHY chip and IP for GigE Vision.  I have used

IP from "Sensor to Image" listed in the IP section of the Xilinx website.  I'm not sure

if they have a version available for Spartan 6, but that's a place to start.  If the camera I

found is not what you're trying to interface with, then maybe you have other options.

GigE Vision is not a simple interface and even with the IP you will need an embedded

processor to handle the high level protocol.

-- Gabor

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Historian
Historian

@20040875 wrote:

Hello All,

Am working on a new project where i need to interface SPARTAN 6 FPGA (LX45) with CMOS camera (Genie HM1400 / XDR).

Any of u please let me know if this particular FPGA has got a dedicated CMOS camera controller interface and if it has any image processing capabilities.

Buy a GigE camera frame grabber.

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos