UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant amki
Participant

synthesis a part of fpga in vivado

Jump to solution

hi 

i have a project that is a big algorithm . and i have to change  a few time a part of  this algorithm  

i want to synthesis just apart of algorithm that changed.

can any one help me out to this issue?

thanks a lot

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: synthesis a part of fpga in vivado

Jump to solution

Hi @amki

If you have separate RTL file for this module which you modify, you can enable OOC synthesis on that module. This way when you do any change in this module you will need to rerun only the OOC synthesis run, the remaining RTL is not synthesized again. 

Refer to "Setting a Bottom-Up Out-of-Context Flow" section in https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2017_2/ug901-vivado-synthesis.pdf

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
8 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @amki

If you have separate RTL file for this module which you modify, you can enable OOC synthesis on that module. This way when you do any change in this module you will need to rerun only the OOC synthesis run, the remaining RTL is not synthesized again. 

Refer to "Setting a Bottom-Up Out-of-Context Flow" section in https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2017_2/ug901-vivado-synthesis.pdf

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi @amki,

If the change you want to do is on a part of an active design (on the FPGA), it is called Partial Reconfiguration. See UG909

Regards,

Florent

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
Participant amki
Participant

Jump to solution

thanks for your reply

What should i do for place and route for a part seperate of algorithm in vivado?

thanks alot

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @amki,

It would be partial reconfiguration.

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
Participant amki
Participant

Jump to solution

thanks alot for reply

0 Kudos
Participant amki
Participant

Jump to solution

hi

i read user guide 909 and in Partial Reconfiguration in tools  my vivado have not this option in my tools with i have valid Partial Reconfiguration license.

thanks for your help

a.png
b.png
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @amki

The version of vivado you are using is old, in 2016.2 PR is supported only in non project mode.

Also if you are looking at implementing submodules separately and reuse the results in top level implementation, check the reuse flows in https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2017_2/ug905-vivado-hierarchical-design.pdf

Thanks,
Deepika.
Participant amki
Participant

Jump to solution

thanks alot  for reply

0 Kudos