UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor rbagdazian
Visitor

using ILA in custom IP

Jump to solution

Hi All, 

I am working on a zedboard based zynq project with a custom IP block that utilizes an AXI interface for standard memory mapped access to the custom peripheral from the processor. The custom IP is managed in a separate project and was included in the zynq based design via the UserRepository section of the IP catalog and including it in the high level zynq block diagram.

I have verified that I can communicate successfully with the IP block from the software SDK and I would like to debug the internal operation of the IP block when interacting with the processor by using an ILA.

I then attempted to include an ILA in the IP block design, repackaged it, and updated the high level design accordingly, but when it was included into the higher level project no debugging core was visible when attempting to connect to the hardware. Is it possible to do this, or do I have to route all signals that I want to debug as output ports on the IP block and then connect at the top level design? Are there any tutorials available on the proper approach to do what I want to do here? 

TIA,

Richard Bagdazian

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor rbagdazian
Visitor

Re: using ILA in custom IP

Jump to solution

I think I have it.

Mark the signals of interest in the IP VHDL with attribute "mark_debug" true and package.

Then the top level Setup Debug procedure shows the signals of interest as available for assignment to an ILA module.

2 Replies
Visitor rbagdazian
Visitor

Jump to solution

I think I have it.

Mark the signals of interest in the IP VHDL with attribute "mark_debug" true and package.

Then the top level Setup Debug procedure shows the signals of interest as available for assignment to an ILA module.

Jump to solution

Hi @rbagdazian,

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community.

Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos