UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

xc9536 security bit

Jump to solution

dear all members:

i read xc9536 of hmi pcb by xeltek sp3000u in socket.in bufeer i see some bit 0 and some bits 1.in jed file.

how can i underestand the buffers is true or no?and how can i underestand the chip security bit activate or no?

and please tell me is it simple way for reading/writing to chip by jtag which software?please share or give me

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Re: xc9536 security bit

Jump to solution

Xilinx does not tell people how the bitstream is constructed, so I doubt you'll have much luck there. However, I would expect that with the security bit set it'll either read all zeros or just refuse to read at all - so if you're able to read out a mixture of zeros and ones then it's probably not protected.

The normal tool to read/write Xilinx chips is Xilinx iMPACT, which is available as part of ISE Lab Tools (free). This will only work with Xilinx JTAG adaptors, and the list of adaptors that will still talk to an XC9536 is relatively small - you may have to hunt for a second-hand one on eBay.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Jump to solution

Xilinx does not tell people how the bitstream is constructed, so I doubt you'll have much luck there. However, I would expect that with the security bit set it'll either read all zeros or just refuse to read at all - so if you're able to read out a mixture of zeros and ones then it's probably not protected.

The normal tool to read/write Xilinx chips is Xilinx iMPACT, which is available as part of ISE Lab Tools (free). This will only work with Xilinx JTAG adaptors, and the list of adaptors that will still talk to an XC9536 is relatively small - you may have to hunt for a second-hand one on eBay.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

hi scholar

thank you very much for help  and answer me.

best regards.

0 Kudos