cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIR decimation filter strange behavior

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am using Vivado HLS 2015.4 for implementing decimation HLS::FIR filter. First I extract the coefficient by using MATLAB resample function and compare the result. I adjusted HLS::FIR filter output to match the resample output due to fringing at the beginning of result. However, there is some difference in value. I don't encounter this problem with the same setup but without decimation. I can properly compare the Matlab filter result and HLS::FIR result. I attached a graph for better understanding of this issue. Green stems are original signal, black stems are MALTAB resample result, and red stems are HLS::FIR decimation filter. Any hint why this is happening?

Thank you for your attention. 

Regards,

Acta

untitled.jpg
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: FIR decimation filter strange behavior

Jump to solution
After circular shifting fir coefficient to the left, basically moving the first coefficient to the tail, I can get the same value. I don't think this is necessary and I will proceed to the next step. Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution
Seems, it shifted one sample at original signal fs.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution
After circular shifting fir coefficient to the left, basically moving the first coefficient to the tail, I can get the same value. I don't think this is necessary and I will proceed to the next step. Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos