UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIR decimation filter strange behavior

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am using Vivado HLS 2015.4 for implementing decimation HLS::FIR filter. First I extract the coefficient by using MATLAB resample function and compare the result. I adjusted HLS::FIR filter output to match the resample output due to fringing at the beginning of result. However, there is some difference in value. I don't encounter this problem with the same setup but without decimation. I can properly compare the Matlab filter result and HLS::FIR result. I attached a graph for better understanding of this issue. Green stems are original signal, black stems are MALTAB resample result, and red stems are HLS::FIR decimation filter. Any hint why this is happening?

Thank you for your attention. 

Regards,

Acta

untitled.jpg
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: FIR decimation filter strange behavior

Jump to solution
After circular shifting fir coefficient to the left, basically moving the first coefficient to the tail, I can get the same value. I don't think this is necessary and I will proceed to the next step. Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jump to solution
Seems, it shifted one sample at original signal fs.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution
After circular shifting fir coefficient to the left, basically moving the first coefficient to the tail, I can get the same value. I don't think this is necessary and I will proceed to the next step. Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos