Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wijm02
Contributor
Contributor

HLS Code Coverage in Vitis 2020.1

Hi all,

I am looking into doing code coverage testing on a design that I have implemented.

What I found so far that under the GCC Host Compiler settings in Vitis, I can select the "Generate gcov information (-ftest-coverage -fprofile-arcs)" under the "Debugging" section, and I can include gcov in the GCC Host Linker Libraries.

When I do this, I am able to obtain code coverage data for the host program when running in SW Emulation.

What I wonder is whether there is a similar method to obtain code coverage of the Kernel.

Regards,

Marlon

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sebo
Voyager
Voyager

Hi @wijm02 

I guess there is no such thing available right now.

The only thing I've found is the possibility to use the coverage feature in cosim_design using VCS simulator.

Regards,

--Sebastien
0 Kudos
maps-mpls
Mentor
Mentor

I have not done this, but take a look at:  https://www.xilinx.com/html_docs/xilinx2020_2/vitis_doc/cosimulationinvitishls.html

You will need a third party simulator that supports code coverage.  I do not believe Vivado's simulator supports this, short of setting a breakpoint on every line, and clearing them as you run t he simulation, and when the simulation is complete, seeing if any breakpoints still exist.

*** Destination: Rapid design and development cycles *** Unappreciated answers get deleted, unappreciative OPs get put on ignored list ***
0 Kudos
sebo
Voyager
Voyager

Hi @maps-mpls 

At cosim_design stage, according U1399, code coverage can be obtained using third party simulator VCS. As I use modelsim, I wonder if anyone solved this ?

Regards,

--Sebastien
0 Kudos