Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

HLS video processing WINDOW and LINEBUFFER concepts

Jump to solution

Which Xilinx document(s) provides specification/description with examples for WINDOW/LINEBUFFER concepts? I looked over most of the HLS documentation and could not find that information.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi @naz_rb 

Have you already looked at UG902 and UG1233

UG902 page 68 lists 3 examples available in HLS which use windows and linebuffers. 

UG1233 page 13 explains about the Linebuffer template class, and page 11 explains about the Window buffer template class, available as part of the Xilinx xfOpenCV library

I hope that answers your question. 

Regards, 

Aoife
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted

Hi @naz_rb 

Have you already looked at UG902 and UG1233

UG902 page 68 lists 3 examples available in HLS which use windows and linebuffers. 

UG1233 page 13 explains about the Linebuffer template class, and page 11 explains about the Window buffer template class, available as part of the Xilinx xfOpenCV library

I hope that answers your question. 

Regards, 

Aoife

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

@aoifem  Could not find anything in UG902 (2019), the UG1233 just mentiones the has a brief description of window and linebuffer classes. I remember, 2-3 years ago I saw a nice example (besides edge detection example) that showed how to do general convolution with zeropadding, or someting like that. Maybe that was a TRD or SDSoC documentation. Still looking for it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

In chapter 3 of UG902 (v2019.1), there is a section titled "Hardware Efficient C Code" that shows some uses line buffers for convolution and nicely handles the border pixels, etc.  This example (or something very similar) has been in several versions of UG902.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Yep, I have seen that one, but it of someting else. I think there was also a code example...

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @naz_rb 

Did you aready look at the coding examples in UG902 page 68 and 69 that were highlighted in the first post?: 

ug902_pg68.PNG

ug902_pg69.PNG

Regards, 

Aoife
0 Kudos