cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Multi-core HLS compiler option?

Jump to solution

Is it possible to enable  use of Multple host CPU cores HLS synthesis.

Short file with multiple partitioning arrays takes hours to process and seems that only one core is loaded.

Linux OS.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ywu
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

No, multithread or multicore is not supported in HLS synthesis. Often times when it takes long time to synthesize a C design it is usually that what you are building may not even be feasible on HW. For example, if you are unrolling a large loop, you are creating large number of ports and logic that you may not be able to feed data into or get data out of your HLS block. I would analyze your C code to see if it makes HW sense.

@alex@streambox.com wrote:

Short file with multiple partitioning arrays takes hours to process and seems that only one core is loaded.

Linux OS.

Cheers,
Jim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ywu
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

No, multithread or multicore is not supported in HLS synthesis. Often times when it takes long time to synthesize a C design it is usually that what you are building may not even be feasible on HW. For example, if you are unrolling a large loop, you are creating large number of ports and logic that you may not be able to feed data into or get data out of your HLS block. I would analyze your C code to see if it makes HW sense.

@alex@streambox.com wrote:

Linux OS.

Cheers,
Jim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
naz_rb
Adventurer
Adventurer

After 5 years, is it still not supported? I am building several hls:stream blocks where one of them is a port of 10240-bit width. Is it something known not to be feasible?

0 Kudos
u4223374
Advisor
Advisor

I wouldn't say infeasible - but I would strongly recommend getting this into a design and running place & route before you spend too much time ensuring that it works properly. A bus that wide is going to be a major challenge for timing and resource usage.

0 Kudos
fguy
Contributor
Contributor

divide et impera (divide and conquer)

0 Kudos