Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnfrye11
Explorer
Explorer

OpenCV Functionality for Test Bench

Jump to solution

Hello I am trying to do a basic imread() to get data to plug into my algorithm, but it seems my Vivado HLS cannot find all the linkers. What flags/includes/linker paths do I need to add to the tool so it can find the OpenCV on my system? Does HLS use the OpenCV on the system or does it automatically install/compile its own version inside the tool? Are the functions like imread etc included in Xilinx's special OpenCV library headers?

Here is my basic code

#include <opencv2/core/core.hpp>
#include <opencv2/highgui/highgui.hpp>
#include <iostream>
#include "haar_fusion_avg.h"
#include <hls_video.h>
#include <hls_opencv.h>
#include "ap_int.h"
#include <hls_stream.h>

using namespace cv;
using namespace std;

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{

AXI_STREAM video1;

Mat image;
	image = imread("lichtenstein_blur_bottom_right.png", CV_LOAD_IMAGE_COLOR);

return 0;
}

Here are the errors I get when I try to Run C Simulation.

INFO: [SIM 2] *************** CSIM start ***************
INFO: [SIM 4] CSIM will launch GCC as the compiler.
   Generating csim.exe
Makefile.rules:399: recipe for target 'csim.exe' failed
/home/jfrye/sw/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.2/tps/lnx64/binutils-2.26/bin/ld: warning: libjpeg.so.62, needed by /home/jfrye/sw/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.2/lnx64/tools/opencv/opencv_gcc/libopencv_highgui.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
/home/jfrye/sw/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.2/lnx64/tools/opencv/opencv_gcc/libopencv_highgui.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_finish_compress@LIBJPEG_6.2'
/home/jfrye/sw/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.2/lnx64/tools/opencv/opencv_gcc/libopencv_highgui.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_write_scanlines@LIBJPEG_6.2'
/home/jfrye/sw/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.2/lnx64/tools/opencv/opencv_gcc/libopencv_highgui.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_std_error@LIBJPEG_6.2'
/home/jfrye/sw/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.2/lnx64/tools/opencv/opencv_gcc/libopencv_highgui.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_set_quality@LIBJPEG_6.2'
/home/jfrye/sw/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.2/lnx64/tools/opencv/opencv_gcc/libopencv_highgui.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_finish_decompress@LIBJPEG_6.2'
/home/jfrye/sw/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.2/lnx64/tools/opencv/opencv_gcc/libopencv_highgui.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_stdio_src@LIBJPEG_6.2'
/home/jfrye/sw/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.2/lnx64/tools/opencv/opencv_gcc/libopencv_highgui.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_alloc_huff_table@LIBJPEG_6.2'
/home/jfrye/sw/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.2/lnx64/tools/opencv/opencv_gcc/libopencv_highgui.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_set_defaults@LIBJPEG_6.2'
/home/jfrye/sw/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.2/lnx64/tools/opencv/opencv_gcc/libopencv_highgui.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_read_scanlines@LIBJPEG_6.2'
/home/jfrye/sw/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.2/lnx64/tools/opencv/opencv_gcc/libopencv_highgui.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_CreateCompress@LIBJPEG_6.2'
/home/jfrye/sw/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.2/lnx64/tools/opencv/opencv_gcc/libopencv_highgui.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_start_compress@LIBJPEG_6.2'
/home/jfrye/sw/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.2/lnx64/tools/opencv/opencv_gcc/libopencv_highgui.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_CreateDecompress@LIBJPEG_6.2'
/home/jfrye/sw/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.2/lnx64/tools/opencv/opencv_gcc/libopencv_highgui.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_start_decompress@LIBJPEG_6.2'
/home/jfrye/sw/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.2/lnx64/tools/opencv/opencv_gcc/libopencv_highgui.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_destroy_decompress@LIBJPEG_6.2'
/home/jfrye/sw/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.2/lnx64/tools/opencv/opencv_gcc/libopencv_highgui.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_resync_to_restart@LIBJPEG_6.2'
/home/jfrye/sw/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.2/lnx64/tools/opencv/opencv_gcc/libopencv_highgui.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_destroy_compress@LIBJPEG_6.2'
/home/jfrye/sw/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.2/lnx64/tools/opencv/opencv_gcc/libopencv_highgui.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_read_header@LIBJPEG_6.2'
/home/jfrye/sw/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.2/lnx64/tools/opencv/opencv_gcc/libopencv_highgui.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_stdio_dest@LIBJPEG_6.2'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [csim.exe] Error 1
ERR: [SIM 100] CSim file generation failed: compilation error(s).
INFO: [SIM 3] *************** CSIM finish ***************
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnfrye11
Explorer
Explorer

The tool uses linking libraries on the system. I guess for whatever reason when I was compiling OpenCV code before it was not invoking this library that the tools needs.

sudo apt-get install libjpeg62

View solution in original post

4 Replies
nmoeller
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hey @david.johnson,

It's been reported by others than imread is missing from Vivado HLS 2018.2. However, the issue has been fixed in 2018.3. Can you update your version of Vivado?

I'd also like to point you to Xilinx's xfOpenCV. We've separated out the hardware accelerated version of opencv we provide into that git repository. There are two examples and a PDF guide to get you started; you do have to manually set the linker option to use xfOpenCV.

Nicholas Moellers

Xilinx Worldwide Technical Support
0 Kudos
johnfrye11
Explorer
Explorer

I'm getting the same error in the 2018.3 version of the tool. Although what you mentioned about imread I am sure is true, this is a different issue I think.

2018.3 tool ouput

INFO: [SIM 2] *************** CSIM start ***************
INFO: [SIM 4] CSIM will launch GCC as the compiler.
   Generating csim.exe
Makefile.rules:399: recipe for target 'csim.exe' failed
/home/jfrye/sw/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.3/tps/lnx64/binutils-2.26/bin/ld: warning: libjpeg.so.62, needed by /home/jfrye/sw/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.3/lnx64/tools/opencv/opencv_gcc/libopencv_highgui.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
/home/jfrye/sw/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.3/lnx64/tools/opencv/opencv_gcc/libopencv_highgui.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_finish_compress@LIBJPEG_6.2'
/home/jfrye/sw/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.3/lnx64/tools/opencv/opencv_gcc/libopencv_highgui.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_write_scanlines@LIBJPEG_6.2'
/home/jfrye/sw/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.3/lnx64/tools/opencv/opencv_gcc/libopencv_highgui.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_std_error@LIBJPEG_6.2'
/home/jfrye/sw/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.3/lnx64/tools/opencv/opencv_gcc/libopencv_highgui.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_set_quality@LIBJPEG_6.2'
/home/jfrye/sw/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.3/lnx64/tools/opencv/opencv_gcc/libopencv_highgui.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_finish_decompress@LIBJPEG_6.2'
/home/jfrye/sw/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.3/lnx64/tools/opencv/opencv_gcc/libopencv_highgui.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_stdio_src@LIBJPEG_6.2'
/home/jfrye/sw/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.3/lnx64/tools/opencv/opencv_gcc/libopencv_highgui.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_alloc_huff_table@LIBJPEG_6.2'
/home/jfrye/sw/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.3/lnx64/tools/opencv/opencv_gcc/libopencv_highgui.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_set_defaults@LIBJPEG_6.2'
/home/jfrye/sw/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.3/lnx64/tools/opencv/opencv_gcc/libopencv_highgui.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_read_scanlines@LIBJPEG_6.2'
/home/jfrye/sw/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.3/lnx64/tools/opencv/opencv_gcc/libopencv_highgui.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_CreateCompress@LIBJPEG_6.2'
/home/jfrye/sw/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.3/lnx64/tools/opencv/opencv_gcc/libopencv_highgui.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_start_compress@LIBJPEG_6.2'
/home/jfrye/sw/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.3/lnx64/tools/opencv/opencv_gcc/libopencv_highgui.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_CreateDecompress@LIBJPEG_6.2'
/home/jfrye/sw/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.3/lnx64/tools/opencv/opencv_gcc/libopencv_highgui.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_start_decompress@LIBJPEG_6.2'
/home/jfrye/sw/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.3/lnx64/tools/opencv/opencv_gcc/libopencv_highgui.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_destroy_decompress@LIBJPEG_6.2'
/home/jfrye/sw/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.3/lnx64/tools/opencv/opencv_gcc/libopencv_highgui.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_resync_to_restart@LIBJPEG_6.2'
/home/jfrye/sw/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.3/lnx64/tools/opencv/opencv_gcc/libopencv_highgui.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_destroy_compress@LIBJPEG_6.2'
/home/jfrye/sw/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.3/lnx64/tools/opencv/opencv_gcc/libopencv_highgui.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_read_header@LIBJPEG_6.2'
/home/jfrye/sw/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.3/lnx64/tools/opencv/opencv_gcc/libopencv_highgui.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_stdio_dest@LIBJPEG_6.2'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [csim.exe] Error 1
ERR: [SIM 100] CSim file generation failed: compilation error(s).
INFO: [SIM 3] *************** CSIM finish ***************
0 Kudos
johnfrye11
Explorer
Explorer

The tool uses linking libraries on the system. I guess for whatever reason when I was compiling OpenCV code before it was not invoking this library that the tools needs.

sudo apt-get install libjpeg62

View solution in original post

axelvolley
Observer
Observer

This is not the only issue with OpenCV testbenches as opencv_gcc is compiled with libpng12 which can't be installed in Ubuntu 18.04.

Solution: Copy an existing 'libpng12.so.0.59.0' to '2018.3/lnx64/tools/opencv/opencv_gcc' and create a symbolic link, e.g.:

ln -s libpng12.so.0.59.0 libpng12.so.0

0 Kudos