Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mleeser
Visitor
Visitor

UG871 interface synthesis not getting ap_ctrl_hls in lab1

Jump to solution

I am following the Interface Synthesis tutorial from UG871 documentation (chapter 4).  When I run the example for lab 1 I get type ap_ctrl_none for the output value, not ap_ctrl_hs  as shown in the tutorial.  How do I fix this?

Screenshot 2021-02-23 084413.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mleeser
Visitor
Visitor

I get the results in the tutorial if I comment out this line from adder.c:  #pragma HLS INTERFACE ap_ctrl_none port=return

Someone should update the code that goes with this tutorial.  

View solution in original post

7 Replies
randyh
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

This is controlled through an INTERFACE pragma that can be found in the adders.c source file, or directive that can be found in the directives.tcl file. You can check to see if somehow the pragma or directive were set in the code. Generally the control protocol is assigned to the return port on the top-level function. 

You can look at the Vivado HLS User Guide (UG902) for more information, which you can find along with other information on the Design Hub

0 Kudos
mleeser
Visitor
Visitor

The source code and pragmas as well as the directives.tcl file are provided with the tutorial.  The tutorial does not state that anything needs to be changed.  Is there a problem with the tutorial files?

0 Kudos
randyh
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Apparently not:

#include "adders.h"

int adders(int in1int in2int in3) {
#pragma HLS INTERFACE ap_ctrl_none port=return
0 Kudos
randyh
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Although, the text doesn't show the presence of ap_ctrl_none, so perhaps it is not intended to be there in the tutorial. Just remove it or comment it out and see what you get. 

0 Kudos
mleeser
Visitor
Visitor

I get the results in the tutorial if I comment out this line from adder.c:  #pragma HLS INTERFACE ap_ctrl_none port=return

Someone should update the code that goes with this tutorial.  

View solution in original post

randyh
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Yes, you are right. I will pass along your feedback. 

0 Kudos
mleeser
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks!

0 Kudos