Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tamastibor
Visitor
Visitor

Vivado HLS debuging problem

Hello,

I'm using Vivado HLS to implement an ANFIS system, and I have some problems with debugging. I'm using Vivado HLS 2014.3. The problem is that, when I start the debug, and I step with F6, sometimes the steps into ap_private.h file, and I can't get out of there, I must stop the debugging. I dont Know what is the problem, and I can't find anything on forums. I'm using ap_int types. The program stops at this stage:

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ashishd
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello,

Have you checked this issue with latest Vivado 2014.4?
Is it possible to share the test case?
Regards,
Ashish
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
tamastibor
Visitor
Visitor

No, I haven't installed yet the 2014.4 version. Here is my test file:

#include"anfis.h"

int main() {

FILE *f;
f = fopen("ki.m", "w");
fprintf(f,"a=[");
int a;
int kk, ll, mm, nn;
short i, j;
short par[5][5][3];

for(i=0;i<5;i++)
for(j=0;j<5;j++){
par[i][j][0]=2;
par[i][j][1]=2;
par[i][j][2]=2;
}

for (i = 1; i < 2560; i++) {
for (j = 1; j < 2560; j++)

{
a = anfis(i, j, par);

fprintf(f, " %d", a);
}
fprintf(f,"\n");
}
fprintf(f,"];");
fclose(f);
return 0;
}

0 Kudos
herver
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

hello @tamastibor 

your code isn't enough to reproduce anything ... missing source files like anfis.h , ki.m probably anfis.cpp and would be nice to get your project's solution's script.tcl and directive.tcl;

looks like you are using the eclipse debugger included in the VHLS GUI; this should "work".. there are different way to run over the code with the F5,F6,F7 keys; it looks like you're using F5 too much as this steps into ; try to use F6 / F7 for the ap_int variables

I hope this helps

- Hervé

SIGNATURE:
* Vivado HLS forums* http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/High-Level-Synthesis-HLS/bd-p/hls
* Readme/Guidance* http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

* Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
* Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
debrajr

@tamastibor Do you have any more questions? If not, then please close this topic by marking the post which helped you as an accepted solution. 

Regards,
Debraj
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos