Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gdg
Explorer
Explorer

WARNING: ... failed in bitwidth ...

Jump to solution

Should I be worried about these warnings? I was not able to trace them to the real cause in the source code. Do you have any suggestions?

WARNING: [SYN 201-303] Root Node tmp_8_2 mapped to expression  {mul a b}, but failed in bitwidth check.                                                                                                                     
WARNING: [SYN 201-303] Root Node tmp_8_1 mapped to expression  {mul a b}, but failed in bitwidth check.                                                                                                                     
WARNING: [SYN 201-303] Root Node tmp_8 mapped to expression  {mul a b}, but failed in bitwidth check.    

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chrisz
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @gdg,

I would not worry about these messages. The system is trying to move the 'mul' function into a DSP component, but the bitwidths need to correlate correctly.  In this situation, the system was not able to utilize the DSP components for this function.

Good Luck,
Chris

View solution in original post

1 Reply
chrisz
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @gdg,

I would not worry about these messages. The system is trying to move the 'mul' function into a DSP component, but the bitwidths need to correlate correctly.  In this situation, the system was not able to utilize the DSP components for this function.

Good Luck,
Chris

View solution in original post