UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Why clock frequency different after HLS in IP?

Hi. I am wondering why the clock frequency got different after HLS in IP.

You can see that Target clock period is 10 ns.

1.png

After C synthesis, following is report.

2.png

After IP integrator in Vivado, I did synthesis but get error.

[BD 41-237] Bus Interface property FREQ_HZ does not match between /fmc_imageon_vita_color/Mod_CFA_Interpolation_0/S_AXI_CTRL(142857132) and /processing_system7_0_axi_periph/xbar/M03_AXI(50000000)

So, I edited the IP in IP Packager to check and see what is the clock period of the IP.

In one of verilog file(just below top verilog file), I find this info.

(* CORE_GENERATION_INFO="Mod_CFA_Interpolation,hls_ip_2014_4,{HLS_INPUT_TYPE=cxx,HLS_INPUT_FLOAT=0,HLS_INPUT_FIXED=0,HLS_INPUT_PART=xc7z020clg484-1,HLS_INPUT_CLOCK=10.000000,HLS_INPUT_ARCH=others,HLS_SYN_CLOCK=7.650000,HLS_SYN_LAT=-1,HLS_SYN_TPT=none,HLS_SYN_MEM=1,HLS_SYN_DSP=0,HLS_SYN_FF=239,HLS_SYN_LUT=529}" *)

I can see the HLS input clock is 10 ns, but there is another sync clock which is 7.65 ns( I don't know what this means).

Upon doing the mathematics, 7.65 ns is 130.718 MHz.

I am wondering where is the problem and also what is the meaning of target clock frequency as set in the HLS and frequency after HLS in IP?

Please help.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Why clock frequency different after HLS in IP?

Try to do an Evaluate option in Export RTL. It would tell you a better Timing score.
Regards,
Debraj
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos