Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ma.william
Visitor
Visitor

crop() from xfopencv library can't be synthesized

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'm using vivado HLS 2019.1 and the xfopencv library. I am having problem with the crop() function from this library. The crop accel can't be synthesized. I didn't add any code. I only modifed the config.h with my image size and the ROI regions in the testbench. The accelerator itself is kept the same as in the example code of the library.

The C simulation runs without any problem. I checked the result and it was ok. But C Synthesis ends with abnormal program termination (11). The log file is not helpful, just a long list of *.so files plus some hex numbers. In the GUI i get warnings about "Since the only kind of statements allowed in a dataflow region are variable declarations and function calls, the compiler may not be able to correctly handle the region: </some address>". 

Since I used the original code from the example, I think this warning shouldn't be much of a problem. But the synthesis just crashes after the warnings. The last line before the crash is "running pass 'array normalization' on module '/<some address>/a.g.1.bc'."

I don't know what is the problem. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
yhy.xilinx
Adventurer
Adventurer
Shouldn't xf::crop be your hw function? crop_accel is just wrapper, i guess. Try removing crop_accel and mark xf::crop as hw function

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
wenchen

Hi @ma.william ,

It's a rarely occurred problem. Issues like this are difficult to determine without the design.

open an SR and provide the design with Xilinx If you have the rights to.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

**~ Got a minute? Answer our Vitis HLS survey here! ~**

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
如果提供的信息能解决您的问题,请标记为“接受为解决方案”。
如果您认为帖子有帮助,请点击“奖励”。谢谢!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
yhy.xilinx
Adventurer
Adventurer
Shouldn't xf::crop be your hw function? crop_accel is just wrapper, i guess. Try removing crop_accel and mark xf::crop as hw function

View solution in original post

0 Kudos