Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LichengGuo-UCLA
Visitor
Visitor

Change physical cell equation of LUT

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to hack the post-routing checkpoints.

Specifically, I want to move a cell to a LUT that is configured as route-through.

LichengGuo-UCLA_0-1620426106976.png

Once I run "place_cell XXXX SLICE_X128Y277/A6LUT", I will get the complaint that "Cannot use A6 pin since it is in use"

Somehow that this LUT is empty, but the IS_USED property is marked True.

LichengGuo-UCLA_0-1620428157205.png

It is a way to reconfigure this LUT and let me do the replacement (followed by re-routing) ?

Thanks for your help! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
driesd
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi Licheng

This XXXX LUT, is this the route-through LUT?

Or are you trying to move another LUT to that location where there is currently a route-through LUT?

Route-through LUTs are required to reach certain other pins inside the SLICE like CARRY or FF.

I would recommend either to choose another location for your LUT or to move the CARRY or FF. You cannot put a LUT on a LUT already used as route-through.

Best regards

Dries

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if the information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented by clicking the star next to the post.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
driesd
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi Licheng

This XXXX LUT, is this the route-through LUT?

Or are you trying to move another LUT to that location where there is currently a route-through LUT?

Route-through LUTs are required to reach certain other pins inside the SLICE like CARRY or FF.

I would recommend either to choose another location for your LUT or to move the CARRY or FF. You cannot put a LUT on a LUT already used as route-through.

Best regards

Dries

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if the information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented by clicking the star next to the post.

View solution in original post

LichengGuo-UCLA
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks for your explanation. So those route-through LUTs are determined after placement?

0 Kudos
driesd
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Yes, based on the placement of these registers/CARRY elements, a route-through LUT is used.