cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Critical Warning during Implementation

I have not placed instance design_1_i/clk_wiz_1/inst/clkin1_ibufgds at U8 then also I am getting below Critical Warning. Can someone please help me with this?

I am using KC705 evaluation board featuring the XC7K325T-2FFG900C FPGA.

[Vivado 12-1411] Cannot set LOC property of ports, Could not legally place instance design_1_i/clk_wiz_1/inst/clkin1_ibufgds at U8 (IPAD_X1Y10) since it belongs to a shape containing instance pcie_refclk_clk_n. The shape requires relative placement between design_1_i/clk_wiz_1/inst/clkin1_ibufgds and pcie_refclk_clk_n that can not be honoured because it would result in an invalid location for pcie_refclk_clk_n. ["/home/shubhamn/KINTEX_fpga_ethernet/KINTEX_fpga_ethernet.srcs/sources_1/bd/design_1/ip/design_1_clk_wiz_1_0/design_1_clk_wiz_1_0_board.xdc":3]

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted

Hi @shubhamn

Please share your design to investigate further. Since U8 package pin is specific to pcie_clk port, not sure why the critical warning comes when you have not placed the  instance design_1_i/clk_wiz_1/inst/clkin1_ibufgds on it. 

Regards

Rohit

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards
Rohit
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Below I have attached the design_1_wrapper_opt.dcp file of my project.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

My major doubt is why I am not able to find U8 pin while allocating package pins to pcie_clkref_clk port.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @shubhamn

U8 is dedicated MGTREFCLK pin. You have to instantiate IBUFDS_GTE2 instead of IBUFGDS if you want to use it to drive clock to fabric logic.  

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi @vemulad

I have used D26 for pcie_refclk_clkp then also why I am getting the above error. I have not used U8.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

When I opened the design checkpoint and exported the physical constraints, I noticed the following set_property commands.

set_property BOARD_PART_PIN pcie_mgt_clkp [get_ports pcie_refclk_clk_p]
set_property BOARD_PART_PIN pcie_mgt_clkn [get_ports pcie_refclk_clk_n]

This means the design top level ports pcie_refclk_clk_p/n automatically derive LOC and IOSTANDARD from board part pins pcie_mgt_clkp/n.

If you do 

get_property LOC [get_board_part_pins pcie_mgt_clkp]

it returns "U8".

You need to remove the BOARD_PART_PIN setting if not necessary.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi @graces

How to remove the BOARD_PART_PIN setting ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

The properties look to be set via IP xdc file.

design_1_clk_wiz_1_0_board.xdc

Is it the clocking wizard IP within a block design? Did you set board interface in IP customization?

You may want to re-visit the IP customization as the clock input is not used as GT pin.

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos