UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

[DRC RTSTAT-13] Insufficient Routing

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have generated previously the bitstream and it took really long (~7hr), but it did, I only changed a clock in one block and now I've get this error:

"[DRC RTSTAT-13] Insufficient Routing: The design has 88.07 percent expected routable nets fully routed, which is less than the current RTSTAT threshold of 90 percent. Routed nets status (RTSTAT-*) checks will not be run. Please further implement the design to increase the percent of fully routed nets. The RTSTAT threshold can be changed with parameter drc.RTSTAT_minRoutedNetsPercent"

Looks like the router struggles to get everything routed and finally can't route all nets ?, is there anyway to fix or optimise this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Explorer
Explorer

Re: [DRC RTSTAT-13] Insufficient Routing

Jump to solution

Well, I managed to simplify the clock paths, and now it did work as I expected, it took long to implement, but not as long as before.

5 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar dpaul24
Scholar

Jump to solution

@joseer,

I have generated previously the bitstream and it took really long (~7hr), but it did, I.....

That should have have already"rung a bell" in your mind.

Looks like the router struggles to get everything routed and finally can't route all nets ?, is there anyway to fix or optimise this?

In many cases this occurs due to improperly constraining your design.

You should check that first.

How your RTL is written can be an issue, but it should be re-visited later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FPGA enthusiast!
All PMs will be ignored
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

@dpaul24 thanks for your quick reply.

I know the time it ran is too much and I'm already checking constraints (for the moment they look ok)....but additionally  I wanted to check if there's any way to optimise and help the router to finish all.

0 Kudos
Scholar dpaul24
Scholar

Jump to solution

@joseer,

I wanted to check if there's any way to optimise and help the router to finish all.

That is not in my knowledge. May be some Xilinx personnel can provide you some exotic TCL tricks.

All I do is follow a proper RTL methodology and make sure that my constraints are correct.

FPGA enthusiast!
All PMs will be ignored
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Well, I managed to simplify the clock paths, and now it did work as I expected, it took long to implement, but not as long as before.

Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi @joseer ,

You said : "I managed to simplify the clock paths, " ,

could you instruct me about how to learn or how to do this " simplify the clock paths" ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos