cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yzaxin
Visitor
Visitor

ERROR : [Designutils 20-1448] Failed to read archive ......

Jump to solution

The error is:

[Designutils 20-1448] Failed to read archive 'E:/Project/Vivado/EES326_50T_test_2015p4_v01/EES326_50T_test_2015p4_v01.runs/impl_2/.Xil/Vivado-8080-Johnson-PC/dcp/m4_fpga_top.incr': input stream error. The archive does not contain an expected string or is corrupted.

This error appears when i run implementation;

I use vivado 2015.2; i don't know the reason and how to solve it; please help me;Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
yashp
Hi,

From the error message this looks like corrupt archive.
Can you please try to unarchive/unzip your project again and try to open?

Also please make sure that the location you are unzipping your project should have proper read/write permisssions.

Thanks,
Yash

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
syedz

@yzaxin,

Can you give us some more information? Are you trying to use dcp file and run place & route on it?

If possible can you try implementing the design in Vivado 2016.2?

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
yashp
Hi,

From the error message this looks like corrupt archive.
Can you please try to unarchive/unzip your project again and try to open?

Also please make sure that the location you are unzipping your project should have proper read/write permisssions.

Thanks,
Yash

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
yzaxin
Visitor
Visitor

I dont have vivado 2016.2

This project was built with vivado 2015.4 and when i rebuilt the project with vivado 2015.2,the error appeared.

I found the folder "EES326_50T_test_2015p4_v01/EES326_50T_test_2015p4_v01.runs/impl_2/.Xil/" is empty, the archive "m4_fpga_top.incr" did not exist. So I want to know the effect of this file, and how to build it.

0 Kudos
yzaxin
Visitor
Visitor
i have solved this problem, thanks
0 Kudos
syedz

@yzaxin,

Can you please share the steps followed to resolve the issue. Was it due to corrput file or due to read/write permission?

It will help other users who might face similar error.

Regards,
Syed

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
0 Kudos