cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
verylsi
Visitor
Visitor

ERROR: [Vivado_Tcl 4-414] Found memory core that needs to be (re) generated.

I have a MIG (ddr4) in the design and Using Viavado 2016.2 

After sy7nthesis I get the fopllowing  error 

ERROR: [Vivado_Tcl 4-414] Found memory core that needs to be (re) generated. Please run opt_design  or implement_mig_core prior to launch place_design.

I followed as suggested (open synthesized design,  implement_mig_core, implement_debug_core, save constraints, and place_design )

I get the same error again.

I also regenerated mig many times.

Please suggest. Thanks.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
vemulad
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @verylsi

Are you using Vivado GUI or using TCL script to run the design?

Is the DDR4 IP generated in same version of vivado?

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
verylsi
Visitor
Visitor

Hello Deepika,

Sorry for delayed response .
I am using vivado 2016.2 gui
and implement_mig_core, implement_debug_core, save constraints, and place_design commands are given in the tcl console.
I am generating memory cores from vivado 2016.2 but i am using xdf file of example design of vivado 2015. can that be a problem ?
0 Kudos
vemulad
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @verylsi

Are you adding XDF file to project?

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
xiaohu125
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, @vemulad

I got the same issue. 

I am using Vivado GUI 2016.2 and I re-generate all ip core of my design in 2016.2.

How to resolve it?

Thank you

0 Kudos
xiaohu125
Contributor
Contributor

After I enable opt_design option in design run settings window, the error id solved.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
vemulad
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @xiaohu125

One should not be disabling opt_design stage. This is mandatory step as it performs necessary optimizations and generates optimal netlist for placement.

Also Ultrascale MIG PHY gets generated during this stage, if you skip this stage you may run in to errors like this.

Thanks,
Deepika.
0 Kudos
xiaohu125
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, @vemulad

Thank you for your quick and great reply.

Regards,

Xiaohu125

0 Kudos