Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Error during Bitstream generator

Jump to solution

Hello,after syntesis and implementation runned successfully,I can't generate bitstream and Vivado 2017.1 give me this error,in attached file.Can be because I substitute present pll with another generate by wizard,due Vivado don't recognised it.My project start by a core downloaded on the net,made with Modelsim,so I think that there are 2 different standard.Someone can help me?

Err.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

I solved the problem simply saving the xdc file.I don't saved to make experiments.Now it work.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

@s96971,

Please read the messages carefully and try to understand what they are saying.They are well explained. Refer to the proper Vivado docu if you don't understand them.

From the SS, I see that your top-level ports are not assigned to any FPGA Pins [DRC UCIO-1]. Then the IO-STANDARD for these also needs to be specified [DRC NSTD-1], they cannot stay at "default".

Both the above info you can find from the board/device docu in the "Master Constraints File Listing" section.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FPGA enthusiast!
All PMs will be ignored
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @s96971

As per errors you need to specify PACKAGE_PIN and IOSTANDARD for your top ports in the xdc. Refer this link below:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/56354.html

Based on the FPGA family and theri parts, write appropriate physical constraints specifying  PACKAGE PIN and IOSTANDARD.

Refer below link for package pins for your FGPA device family.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/package-pinout-files.html

Regards
Rohit
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hello,thanks for fast answer.I forget to write that I'm new in this ambient,I haven't much experience.

I use Arty board,this https://reference.digilentinc.com/reference/programmable-logic/arty/start.

I searched pinout files as suggest me,but I can't find it.Mine is xc7a35ticsg324-1L,there is

xc735tcsg32, don't match.Finally I think that I find it here:

https://github.com/Digilent/Arty/blob/master/Resources/XDC/Arty_Master.xdc

Now I changed i/o std in schematic,find result. LVCMOS33 (all pins are this value),now ,how can I understand how put pins?

If I understand I must connect Arty pins with my design,for example,rxfifo_den is connect to  pin re on Arty etc.Is correct my think?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@s96971,

You need to define the IOSTANDARD and LOC constraint on the IO ports mentioned in error message.

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Thanks Syed,the problem is that I don't surehow to do.

I tried to add new constraints,adding this at the project:

https://github.com/Digilent/Arty/blob/master/Resources/XDC/Arty_Master.xdc

Then,as indicate in this xdc,I uncomment the line that i want to change pin definition,for example rx_fifo_rden, in the (   ),after get_ports.but generating bistream the error continue to indicate 14 ports not defined,but I defined one,so the port not defined should be 13!What I wrong to do?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @s96971. Can you attach the updated Arty_Master.xdc, and the Vivado log file which shows the UCIO-1 DRC? From a Vivado Project, the log file would be in the <project_name>.runs/impl_<#>/runme.log file. From this information, it can be identified if there is a syntax issue, or other problem.

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

I solved the problem simply saving the xdc file.I don't saved to make experiments.Now it work.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos