UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Error on creating a second DCM on ISE

Hello,

I'm working on a ISE project. I have created a DCM with success, however i needed another division of the reference clock. I created a new DCM, the wizard goes OK but ISE does not generate any hdl nor template for the clock. The following happens when i click on View HDL Instantiation template:

Started : "Generate HDL Instantiation Template".
Compiling vhdl file "C:/Development/CFtestsISE/CFtest/xfgsdfg.vhd" in Library
work.
ERROR:HDLParsers:3264 - Can't read file
   "C:/Development/CFtestsISE/CFtest/xfgsdfg.vhd": No such file or directory
vhdtdtfi:Declaration (Module xfgsdfg) not found.
tdtfi(vhdl) completed with errors.

Process "Generate HDL Instantiation Template" failed

where  xfgsdfg is the clock name. I have tried to make a second DCM in a clean project as well and the same happens. Oh, and when i click View HDL source, an empty file shows up. Any ideas on what this could be?

2 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Error on creating a second DCM on ISE

Solved, had to clear project files (i wonder why), in Project->Cleanup Project Files
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Error on creating a second DCM on ISE

Continue with this same error. I noticed because ISE simulator was complaining for an unbound component. I tried to open the vhd template files of a clock i had working and it came out empty! What is going on? ISE bug? When i try to create a new DCM using the wizard now, the template and clock files are empty!
Tags (3)
0 Kudos