UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor gaurav_pc
Visitor

Errors while running Translate

When running Translate in the ISE tools, I receive several of the following errors:

ERROR:NgdBuild:467 - output pad net 'fpga_0_ddr2_clk_0_OBUF' has an illegal buffer
ERROR:NgdBuild:467 - output pad net 'fpga_0_ddr2_clk_1_OBUF' has an illegal buffer...

ERROR:NgdBuild:947 - bidirect pad net 'fpga_0_ddr2_dq_0_OBUF' is driving non-input buffer(s): pin I on block fpga_0_ddr2_dq_0_OBUF with type OBUF
ERROR:NgdBuild:947 - bidirect pad net 'fpga_0_ddr2_dq_10_OBUF' is driving non-input buffer(s): pin I on block fpga_0_ddr2_dq_10_OBUF with type OBUF...

Why do I see these errors, and how can they be resolved?

I have tried http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/32847.htm but it does not work.

Can I get some help on this?

Thanks,

Gaurav

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Visitor gaurav_pc
Visitor

Re: Errors while running Translate

I am trying to run Implementation to generate the bit file and goinr through (ngdbuild, map, par, bitgen etc) I also tried disabling "Add I/O Buffers" according to http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/34771.htm .

But then I get errors during MAP for :   "DDR2_SDRAM/DDR2_SDRAM/u_ddr2_top/u_mem_if_top/u_p

hy_top/u_phy_io/gen_dqs[0].u_iob_dqs/gen_dqs_iob_ddr2.u_iobuf_dqs" (output
   signal=DDR2_SDRAM/DDR2_SDRAM/u_ddr2_top/u_mem_if_top/u_phy_top/u_phy_io/gen_d
   qs[0].u_iob_dqs/dqs_ibuf) does not have IOSTANDARD specified. Map is unable
   to generate a default IOSTANDARD for IOBUFDS, one has to be explicitly
   provided.

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks,

Gaurav

0 Kudos