Did you mean: 
carljsenecal
Visitor
Visitor

FATAL_ERROR:1::78:1.3 - Physical Synthesis Failed

I am getting the error:

Running physical synthesis...
FATAL_ERROR:1::78:1.3 - Physical Synthesis Failed. For technical support on
this issue, please visit http://www.xilinx.com/support.

Process "Map" failed

with no further information during the implemetation of a design.  I tried all of the suggestions found here: https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/42981.html but nothing helped.  

What could be causing this error?

0 Kudos
17 Replies
austin
Scholar
Scholar

c,

Look at the log file.  Examine what happens before it quits.

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
0 Kudos
syedz

@carljsenecal,

Check the following Answer Record:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/42981.html

Make sure you are using supported OS version with the ISE.  

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/18419.html

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
vemulad
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @carljsenecal

Try disabling -logic_opt and -register_duplication in MAP settings and see if it helps to overcome the error.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
carljsenecal
Visitor
Visitor

I am unable to remove the -logic_opt Combinational Logic Optimization option.  I have tried changing the Design Goal to Balanced and Strategy to Xilinx Default (unlocked) but this does not unlock that option.  Checking the "unlock" box for other Design Goals/Strategies also fails to unlock this option.

Disabling register duplication does not overcome this error.

0 Kudos
carljsenecal
Visitor
Visitor

What log file are you referring to? I have posted the message that shows before the error in the console window and everything that comes after.
0 Kudos
carljsenecal
Visitor
Visitor

Also, how do I edit or delete a post on this forum?  There is no option in the drop down menu.Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 11.12.45 AM.png

0 Kudos
vemulad
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @carljsenecal

Can you upload the captures showing MAP process properties and "design goals and strategies"?

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
carljsenecal
Visitor
Visitor

@vemulad

Screen Shot 2016-12-12 at 9.47.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-12 at 9.48.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-12 at 9.56.02 AM.png

0 Kudos
carljsenecal
Visitor
Visitor

Still looking for a solution

0 Kudos
keisn13
Observer
Observer

Do not use design strategy. set it by default. If it will be complete, try set some settings of optimisation, but before try run without any optimization.
0 Kudos
carljsenecal
Visitor
Visitor

@keisn13 wrote:
Do not use design strategy. set it by default. If it will be complete, try set some settings of optimisation, but before try run without any optimization.

@keisn13 Look at my screenshots; isn't that what I'm already doing?  I have the strategy set to Xilinx Default.

0 Kudos
keisn13
Observer
Observer

Soory i wrote not correct. I mean that you need off all optimizations and run again.
0 Kudos
carljsenecal
Visitor
Visitor

The option to remove optimization is greyed out even though I am using the "unlocked" strategy.  Choosing another strategy and along with the "unlock" option also fails to enable the deselection of optimization.  How do I go about deselecting optimization when it appears that I do not have that option?  Is there somewhere else other than what I've shown in the screenshots where I can remove optimization?

0 Kudos
carljsenecal
Visitor
Visitor

Still experiencing this issue

0 Kudos
carljsenecal
Visitor
Visitor

@vemulad Did the screenshots you requested provide any additional information?

0 Kudos
carljsenecal
Visitor
Visitor

Any ideas on why those options still show up as locked when I am in the "unlocked" setting?  Still having these problems

0 Kudos
carljsenecal
Visitor
Visitor

Still having this problem if anyone has ideas...

0 Kudos