UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer jff118
Observer

FPGA Editor Manual Routing a LUT

Jump to solution

Hello everyone-

I am in the middle of debugging a timing problem I'm having in the FPGA.  I know its has to do with clock domains and that if they code was done correctly I wouldn't need to do this, but its not my code and I am just trying to fix it.  Moving forward.

I have had this problem in the past where I either want to add some signals to a LUT either to be used with Chipscope or part of another equation.  I don't want to rebuild the entire design because it changes the timing and takes to long.  I have been able to succesfully route signals to PINs via FPGA editor.

HOWEVER, when I try and route a signal to a LUT i end up with this problem show.  The net routes fine in the the fabirc, however the LUT port to the LUT itself becomes disconnected and I can't seem to figure out how to connect the net from pin B3 to the actual LUT pin A3.  I have been searching forever on this and can't seem to find an answer.  Is this even still possible???

The Design is a Spartan 6 and I'm using ISE13.4 and 14.3 depending on the day :-(

Thanks

JoeLUT Route

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Observer jff118
Observer

Re: FPGA Editor Manual Routing a LUT

Jump to solution

Ok so I have a solution now after playing around a little more.

Even though hte equation is already written inside the LUT, when I deleted the net going into the slice the tool deleted the net going into the LUT.

I have to open the equation editor and make a change, it didn't even matter where it was but I had to trick the tool to thing something changed.  I just ended up removing the component to the equation I was using and saving.  Then I added it back in and saved again and it worked.  

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Jump to solution
Moving to Implementation Board
Regards,
Debraj
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Observer jff118
Observer

Jump to solution

Anybody?????

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

I think the problem is that you have not defined a LUT equation that uses that input. Once you do that I would expect the connectivity to be displayed. Select the F= button to display the LUT equations and edit them.

Observer jff118
Observer

Jump to solution

No thats not the case, the equation is already definted.  In this case there was already a pin defined for that input to the LUT.  I deleted it and added a new net to the PORT on the slice.  However the connection inside the slice is not there anymore.  I didn't have to change the equation inside the LUT since it was already definted.

0 Kudos
Observer jff118
Observer

Jump to solution

Ok so I have a solution now after playing around a little more.

Even though hte equation is already written inside the LUT, when I deleted the net going into the slice the tool deleted the net going into the LUT.

I have to open the equation editor and make a change, it didn't even matter where it was but I had to trick the tool to thing something changed.  I just ended up removing the component to the equation I was using and saving.  Then I added it back in and saved again and it worked.  

0 Kudos