Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Fatal Map Error

Jump to solution

Does anyone know what causes map to error in physical synthesis with the following message:

FATAL_ERROR:Pack:pkcbareplace.c:928:1.62 - Couldn't find pk comp for cad comp
   ublock/sub_tech_mem/u_infer_dual_port_block_ram/Mram_ram1.   Process will terminate.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

You may be able to work around the design by not using -logic_opt or by moving to a newer version of the tools, such as ISE 12.4 or ISE 13.1. If the Fatal Error occurs in ISE 13.1, please open a webcase.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted

You may be able to work around the design by not using -logic_opt or by moving to a newer version of the tools, such as ISE 12.4 or ISE 13.1. If the Fatal Error occurs in ISE 13.1, please open a webcase.

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I'm using 13.1. The design made it through PAR yesterday. Today I moved a pblock to a different part of the chip (3 clock regions so it's large) and am getting this error. I do have logic_opt on, so I'll turn that off and try again. The problem with WebCases is Xilinx wants the source code and we can't share it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks for your help. Turning logic_opt off did work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi,

Even i am getting fatal error.i am using smart guide and it is failing at the end of MAP phase.i tried by turning off the logic_opt option but it didn't help me resolve issue.

Can someone help me on this issue?

Regards,

Samba

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Dasaris,

can you please create a new thread and post your MAP log file so we have more details about what exact error you are getting?

Just fatal error is not sufficient, there can be many types.

Best regards,

Dries

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if the information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented by clicking the star next to the post.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello dasaris,

You might want to check if yuor antivirus program is identifying certain DLL files as suspicious or viruses. In my case the "libPdrBas_Rules.dll" and the "libSed_PathView4.dll" in the folder "\xilinx\14.3\ISE_DS\ISE\lib\nt" were moved to the virus chest of Avast.

The solution I used was first to change the setting of Avast to not scan that folder and second, to restore the files from the vrus chest. I observed this error in both ISE 14.3 and then in ISE14.7. I changed versions thinking it had something to do with the problem.

I hope that this helps.

Regards,

Ocaya

Highlighted
Hello @Ocaya,

Thanks for giving information. Hope it will help other users.

Regards,
Yash
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Here is an attachment of a screen shot of Avast showing the unhappy files...

avast_chest.png