UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer marte
Observer

How I can understand a route?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I wish force some routes by UCF, but I want understand how interpret all this values:

NET "U1_RP1/out1"
ROUTE="{3;1;5vlx50tff1136;a7488f7c!-1;-69680;-63848;S!0;0;-8!1;-683;-56!"
"2;0;328!3;843;168;L!}";

Somebody know any userguide for that?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: How I can understand a route?

Jump to solution

The dirt constraints are actually relative constraints rather than absolute and can be used on any net as long as the same number of pins and relative pin locations is maintained. The constraints are not human readable and so it helps to keep the NCD that was used to generate the constrait available as a reference.

5 Replies
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Jump to solution

Hi,

You mean you want to read DIRT Constraint..if it is then let me tell you there no user guide to interpert DIRT Constraaint.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kindly note-  Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Pratham

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

DIRT constraints are inferred by the tool. The user can use it as is.

These are absolute locations for the router to understand and lock the routing of the net.

Ideally these numbers shouldnt mean much to user. There is some more information on DIRT and how to apply in the following AR.Hope it helps.

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/35556.html

Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

The dirt constraints are actually relative constraints rather than absolute and can be used on any net as long as the same number of pins and relative pin locations is maintained. The constraints are not human readable and so it helps to keep the NCD that was used to generate the constrait available as a reference.

Observer marte
Observer

Jump to solution

About route priority? The PAR first look about dirt constraints, and only after that start routing the rest of the routes, right?

Best Regards,

M

0 Kudos
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Jump to solution

Hi,

Yes you are right.

Regards,

Prathamesh

--------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

-Pratham

0 Kudos