UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

How to apply set_property ALLOW_COMBINATORIAL_LOOPS TRUE to pass combinatorial loops?

Jump to solution

Dear all,

While I was searching for a solution that I have like this in Vivado, I have a problem of the combinatorial loop in my design targeting design of a ring oscillator. Can anyone please let me know in the following command what should I add in my xdc file to make it run?? [get_nets] ?? [get_pins] ?? [get_ports] ?? or etc. ?? I did all trials but it does not work !!
Thank you so much,

set_property ALLOW_COMBINATORIAL_LOOPS TRUE ...???
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: How to apply set_property ALLOW_COMBINATORIAL_LOOPS TRUE to pass combinatorial loops?

Jump to solution

Dear all,

Nobody answered my question in this post, but eventually, I found my answer by lots of trials. I put the correct answer here for future designers facing this problem in order to SAVE their time and NOT to spend a time to find the solution :))

Here is the correct set_property that must be set. The two latter commands are also REQUIRED in order to pass DRC, Implementation and finally bitstream generation. 

P.S. : There is nothing clearly mentioned in the Documentation for Tcl scripting for this property !!

set_property ALLOW_COMBINATORIAL_LOOPS true [get_nets -of_objects [get_cells <cellname>]]

set_property SEVERITY {Warning}  [get_drc_checks LUTLP-1]

set_property SEVERITY {Warning} [get_drc_checks NSTD-1]

This will SOLVE the problem and will work very nice ! :)) Enjoy !

Hope it could be useful for all.

Regards,

Tags (1)
1 Reply
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: How to apply set_property ALLOW_COMBINATORIAL_LOOPS TRUE to pass combinatorial loops?

Jump to solution

Dear all,

Nobody answered my question in this post, but eventually, I found my answer by lots of trials. I put the correct answer here for future designers facing this problem in order to SAVE their time and NOT to spend a time to find the solution :))

Here is the correct set_property that must be set. The two latter commands are also REQUIRED in order to pass DRC, Implementation and finally bitstream generation. 

P.S. : There is nothing clearly mentioned in the Documentation for Tcl scripting for this property !!

set_property ALLOW_COMBINATORIAL_LOOPS true [get_nets -of_objects [get_cells <cellname>]]

set_property SEVERITY {Warning}  [get_drc_checks LUTLP-1]

set_property SEVERITY {Warning} [get_drc_checks NSTD-1]

This will SOLVE the problem and will work very nice ! :)) Enjoy !

Hope it could be useful for all.

Regards,

Tags (1)