Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

IOs not present after implementation to assign pins

Jump to solution

I have a design for Artix-7 (imported from a previous version if that matters) and just added a QSPI peripheral with its interface made 'EXTERNAL'. It synthesizes and implements, then... I cannot see the I/Os to assign the pins in the implemented design !?!?!

Adding XDC constraints manually also fails, doesn't recognize the names. There are other such SPI interfaces and make no problem.

Any help?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

Re: IOs not present after implementation to assign pins

Jump to solution

No... it was even sillier... the block design's wrapper was instantiated in a top HDL file, where I had to include the ports manually (the wrapper was, for sure, automatically updated). Little surprises one finds on the way with inherited designs...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@johnvivm

Change the GUI from default layout to IO Planning. 

Capture.JPG

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

Jump to solution

No... it was even sillier... the block design's wrapper was instantiated in a top HDL file, where I had to include the ports manually (the wrapper was, for sure, automatically updated). Little surprises one finds on the way with inherited designs...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos