UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor b.t.tran
Visitor

Implementation Failure, Artix 7, Vivado 2014.3.1

Synthesis is OK but Implementation is with the error message belows: (Artix 7, Vivado 2014.3.1)

ERROR: [Project 1-9] Cannot open structural netlist because no structural source files were specified. Edif, ngc ngo and verilog structural netlists are supported.

Tried to delete Project_1.runs directory, and rerun implementation but no help. Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Implementation Failure, Artix 7, Vivado 2014.3.1

Hi @b.t.tran ,

There were multiple similar issues in Vivado 2014.x. Is there any specific reason for working with Vivado 2014.3.1?

As the latest Version of Vivado at present is 2019.1.

Thanks,

Raj

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I wonder if you have no output for your design.

if you don't, on the Implementation process, the processor will delete your design

0 Kudos
Visitor b.t.tran
Visitor

Hello,

I am sorry I can't change another Vivado version for our application. I need to stay with Vivado 2014.3.1. Do you have other way to correct this implementation.?

Thank you,

Binh Tran

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @b.t.tran 

Does the below Forums post help? You should be able open the routed checkpoint (open_checkpoint) if implementation has completed. I would also make sure that the top module is being recognized by Vivado.

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Design-Entry/Top-module-setting-lost/td-p/510195

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos