cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
3,558 Views
Registered: ‎03-27-2014

Implementation error on Windows only

Hello,

 

I am implementing a design on a Windows machine which builds just fine on a Linux machine,

Implementation errors are: 

 

  • Shape builder 18-119 Failed to create I/O logic for cha_n_serdes/.../path_gen[0]/ibufds_inst, found overlapping instance cha_n_serdes/...path_gen[1]/ibufds_inst

 

  • place 30-602 "port ch1_n is driving multiplie buffers", related buffers are:

cha_n_serdes/serdes_path_gen[*]/ibufds_inst

 

  • place 30-99 IO clock placer stopped due to earlier errors

any inputs on this kind of behavior? there seems to be a problem with that specific generate loop in which several IBUFDS objects are instantiated, but a syntax problem should not pass on Linux if it fails on Windows

 

G.W.,
NIST - Time Frequency metrology
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar
3,549 Views
Registered: ‎02-27-2008

Re: Implementation error on Windows only

gw,

 

I have had problems with projects between windows and linux.  The two file systems are different (no spaces allowed in linux, allowed in file names in windows, use of / vs. \, etc.).

 

Even archived projects may have these issues.

 

I suggest you request a visit from your Xilinx or Avnet FAE to help resolve.

 

 

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
3,521 Views
Registered: ‎10-24-2013

Re: Implementation error on Windows only

Hi @guillaumebres

The errors you are seeing are in place phase nothing to with syntax.

Which version of Vivado are you using? If not the latest one, please use 2016.4.

Are you using same Vivado version in both cases? Also check if you are using the same implementation strategies in both cases.

 

 

Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
3,516 Views
Registered: ‎03-27-2014

Re: Implementation error on Windows only

Hello,

 

thank you all for the input,

 


vijayak wrote:

The errors you are seeing are in place phase nothing to with syntax. 


you're right

 


@vijayak wrote:

Hi @guillaumebres

Which version of Vivado are you using? If not the latest one, please use 2016.4.

Are you using same Vivado version in both cases? Also check if you are using the same implementation strategies in both cases.


both machines are using the latest version, constraints are stricly identical but I need tol double check the implementation strategies

 


@austin wrote:

 

I have had problems with projects between windows and linux. The two file systems are different (no spaces allowed in linux, allowed in file names in windows, use of / vs. \, etc.).

Even archived projects may have these issues.

 


there are no spaces in any file name, so I don't see any reasons why this would create a conflict. Although I partly used a script, I manually concluded the design on this one

G.W.,
NIST - Time Frequency metrology
0 Kudos