UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor cosmiac
Visitor

Importing project using Planahead - converting microblaze to black box

Hello,

I am getting a few critical warnings when importing and existing ISE project into planahead. Im attempting to create a floorplan for my project.

One thing that is greatly confusing me is if i go to ISE > User Constraints > Floorplan Area Logic it opens the project just fine, importing the microblaze just fine, however with this method i can not compile or look at timing in floorplanner itself to make adjustments as needed with my pblocks, unless there is a method that i am missing.

If i open planahead on its own, and create a new project using the new project > imported project and select my ise project, and run synthesis i recieve the two following critical warnings that i do not recieve when opening via the other method:

[EDIF 96] Could not resolve non-primitive black box cell 'microblaze_sys' defined in file 'main.ngc' instantiated as 'Inst_microblaze_sys'.

[Designutils 977] Could not find ref fast_clock. The UCF file d:\Cosmiac\Local\Floorplan\CubeSat\CubeSat.srcs\sources_1\ip\fast_clock\fast_clock\example_design\fast_clock_exdes.ucf will not be read for this ref.

The main part of this project i am trying to constrain using floorplanner is the microblaze_sys. I am still able to right click and select draw pblock, however the issue im having is that the estimated physical resources list is no populating so i do not know what slice number brams number etc that i need in order to draw the area on the chip.

I have read that this is a known bug and can safely be ignored, but because that list is not populating ignoring it gives rise to other problems that I do not know how to solve

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Importing project using Planahead - converting microblaze to black box

cosmiac,

I think you would receive a better response to this post if you posted it in the Design Tools section of the forum.  This area is dedicated to Xilinx Boards and Kits.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Importing project using Planahead - converting microblaze to black box

I see that this issue has already been taken to the Design Planning forum where it belongs.

0 Kudos