cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stu_abrams
Visitor
Visitor

Migration from Spartan6 LX45T to LX100T Routing problems

I could meet timing just fine with the LX45T -2 part but with the exact same design and constraints, the LX100T -3 part will not meet timing.  I have opened up FPGA editor and noticed that it is choosing FFs so far from the ODDR that it can't make it in time, incurring a 3+ ns net delay when my clock is running at 368 MHz...Any suggestions?  I have added registers in hope that the tool would find the optimal location but it just won't.

Any suggestions?

thanks,
Stu 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
bassman59
Historian
Historian

@stu_abrams wrote:

I could meet timing just fine with the LX45T -2 part but with the exact same design and constraints, the LX100T -3 part will not meet timing.  I have opened up FPGA editor and noticed that it is choosing FFs so far from the ODDR that it can't make it in time, incurring a 3+ ns net delay when my clock is running at 368 MHz...Any suggestions?  I have added registers in hope that the tool would find the optimal location but it just won't.

Any suggestions?

thanks,
Stu 

Unfortunately, you might have to do some floorplanning.

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos
stu_abrams
Visitor
Visitor

I have tried floorplanning, LOC'ing the registers to specific slices, but the tool won't ever get to timing closure.  What's odd is that the Clock Regions X0Y0 and X1Y0 are both used for my ODDR Clocking but it won't place any of my flops in those regions...unless I specifically LOC those registers.

0 Kudos
bwade
Scholar
Scholar

If the design has very low utilization in the new part, try this solution:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/33021.htm

0 Kudos