UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

PlanAhead: Implementing a static-only design

I had trouble with a PR design, so I'm trying to take a step back and implement it under the same conditions, but without the PR constraints. I'm trying to use the same tool (PlanAhead) to keep as many variables as possible the same.

I have an .ngc , .edf and .ucf that I am trying to use, but initially I cannot create a design run with static logic only.

However, I have had some luck, by marking the .edf as a partition, then removing it as a partiton. After this I have the option of creating a design run with static only logic. I created the bit file and it seems to work as desired. So is this functionality allowed in PlanAhead and what is the proper way to accomplish it?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: PlanAhead: Implementing a static-only design

Yes, PlanAhead can run the flat flow. What problem are you having with that flow?

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

When I add my base design (.ngc), my constraints (.ucf) and a netlist that goes with the design (.edf) I can not run implementation. If I try, it thinks for a couple seconds and then is done, but doesn't give me an error. If I look in the "Implementation Run Properties" there are no modules under "Partitions". Why is it missing the static module? Is there a step I need to do to generate this?

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Would it help if I gave more details?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

This sounds more like a PlanAhead usage issue than an Implementation Tool issue. You might try the Design Entry forum. You could also open a webcase.

0 Kudos