UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor mfj_silicom
Visitor

Possible bug in Vivado 2019.1 with directive NoBramPowerOpt

Jump to solution

I have a design targeted for the Artix-7 FPGA. I'm using Vivado 2018.3 and everything works as expected.

But when I upgrade to Vivado 2019.1, the design fails. In the schematic view I notice that a ROM is missing some data pins that should be there.

There are no changes to the design, the only change is using Vivado 2019.1 instead of 2018.3.

After some more debugging I find out that in the failing design I use the command "opt_design -directive NoBramPowerOpt". If I remove the directive (but keep the opt_design) then the design works find in both 2018.3 and 2019.1.

So it looks like *disabling* BRAM power optimizations is causing problems in the latest versions of Vivado.

Is this a known bug? The obvious workaround is to leave BRAM power optimizations enabled.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Possible bug in Vivado 2019.1 with directive NoBramPowerOpt

Jump to solution

Hi @mfj_silicom ,

Please close the thread by marking as accepted solution if no further conerns are there.

Thanks,

Raj

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Visitor mfj_silicom
Visitor

Jump to solution

Please ignore this topic. I made a mistake when looking at the schematic.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @mfj_silicom ,

Please close the thread by marking as accepted solution if no further conerns are there.

Thanks,

Raj

View solution in original post

0 Kudos