UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

[Shape builder 18-119] Failed to create I/O LOGIC Route through shape for instance design_testjig_wrapper_inst/design_testjig_i/axi_ethernet_1/inst/eth_mac/inst/rgmii_interface/rgmii_rx_ctl_ibuf_i

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I am getting a critical warning for the Ethernet instances.

[Shape Builder 18-119] Failed to create I/OLOGIC Route Through shape for instance design_testjig_wrapper_inst/design_testjig_i/axi_ethernet_1/inst/eth_mac/inst/rgmii_interface/rgmii_rx_ctl_ibuf_i. Found overlapping instances within the shape: design_testjig_wrapper_inst/design_testjig_i/axi_ethernet_0/inst/eth_mac/inst/tri_mode_ethernet_mac_i/rgmii_interface/rgmii_rx_ctl_ibuf_i and design_testjig_wrapper_inst/design_testjig_i/axi_ethernet_1/inst/eth_mac/inst/rgmii_interface/rgmii_rx_ctl_ibuf_i.

my design has two 1G/2.5G Ethernet subsytem,where one is included shared logic in core and second one is included shared logic in example design.please find the attached snapshot of the design below.

Please help me to understand why i am getting this warning and How can i solve this.

Thank You.

Design_ethernet.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: [Shape builder 18-119] Failed to create I/O LOGIC Route through shape for instance design_testjig_wrapper_inst/design_testjig_i/axi_ethernet_1/inst/eth_mac/inst/rgmii_interface/rgmii_rx_ctl_ibuf_i

Jump to solution

Hi @poornima_95. Is the target part a 7-Series device? The message looks to indicate so, but I wanted to confirm. Also, can you indicate what type of primitives the two instances in the message are?

A shape is an internally generated relatively placed macro that is intended to assist place_design. IO instances would need to have the correct relative coordinates. This message would indicate that there is overlap within the shape. I would try checking if the two cores have conflicting IO constraints.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: [Shape builder 18-119] Failed to create I/O LOGIC Route through shape for instance design_testjig_wrapper_inst/design_testjig_i/axi_ethernet_1/inst/eth_mac/inst/rgmii_interface/rgmii_rx_ctl_ibuf_i

Jump to solution

Hi @poornima_95. Is the target part a 7-Series device? The message looks to indicate so, but I wanted to confirm. Also, can you indicate what type of primitives the two instances in the message are?

A shape is an internally generated relatively placed macro that is intended to assist place_design. IO instances would need to have the correct relative coordinates. This message would indicate that there is overlap within the shape. I would try checking if the two cores have conflicting IO constraints.

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi@marcb ,

Thank you for your reply. I have already solved this warning, as you said it was because of the conflicting IO constraints. the two rx_clk buffers were overlapping.

and yes the target is 7 series device.

0 Kudos