UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scholar embedded
Scholar

Tri mode Ethernet MAC problem in Vivado 2014

Hi all,

I am using a tri mode EMAC for a Kintex-7 in Vivado. I have already worked with this core in ISE 14.7. I receive a "Critical Warning" when starting implementation and consequently errors during implementation. Below picture shows the critical warning:

Critical Warning.jpg

I tried to comment this line in  the file -MyEth.xdc. But, it is not writable and I couldn't change this file. I looked further in core features and didn't realize how I can customize the core in order to prevent it from generating and inserting those lines into xdc file?! 

I would appreciate any comment.

Hossein

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Tri mode Ethernet MAC problem in Vivado 2014

@embedded,

Constraint in IP are scoped and it is expected that you connect these pins directly to top level ports.

In case of scoped constraints the get_ports returns top level ports if the IP Ports are connected directly to top level ports. If the ip ports are not connected to top level ports directly then get_ports is converted to get_ pins.

Please check page 40 in below User guide:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2014_2/ug903-vivado-using-constraints.pdf

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Highlighted
Scholar embedded
Scholar

Re: Tri mode Ethernet MAC problem in Vivado 2014

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. It seems that this core - here in Vivado - is wrapped with IOBs and must be connected directly to the top level entity ports. I have only observing one issue now. Some GMII_TXD IOs fail in timing at the final stage of bit file generation?! I don't see how I can manage with this problem? I am new to Vivado and need more help to find where and how exactly I can give adequate timing constraints?

Thanks,

Hossein

0 Kudos